Expand your investing know-how and become a more confident investor when you enroll in this free two-day educational workshop. You’ll gain unique insights and learn practical investing strategies from our experienced coaching team.
During this event you will:
- Evaluate advanced options strategies against your personal financial goals
- Discover strategies for different types of market conditions and learn how to consider high volatility market events as potential opportunities
- Learn how to analyze options strategies using a probability-based approach
- Hands-on experience using the award-winning thinkorswim® trading platform
April 26th – 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Focus: Understanding Options Greeks, Volatility, and Calendar Spreads
- Beyond delta: understanding vega & volatility skew
- How implied volatility affects options and positions and revisit vertical spreads
- Get to know calendar spreads, including what differentiates them from other types of spreads, probabilities, risk profile and more
- Considerations for a sample Calendar Spreads investing plan
April 27th – 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Focus: Understanding Diagonal Spreads, Iron Condors, and ongoing support resources
- Get to know diagonal spreads, including what differentiates them from other types of spreads, probabilities, and risk profiles, as well as considerations for a sample Diagonal Spreads investing plan
- Get to know iron condors, choosing possible time frames and strike prices using a sample Iron Condors investing plan
- Learn the main resources at TD Ameritrade to help you continue learning and refine your investing knowledge
Once you have your ticket, here’s how you can prepare:
- Bring your laptop to learn interactively during the workshop’s hands-on instruction
- Identify goals you want to accomplish in your workshop
- Arrive early to get a good seat
- Workshop rooms can be chilly—be sure to dress accordingly
All investing involves risks, including loss of principal.
Options are not suitable for all investors as the special risks inherent to option trading may expose investors to potentially rapid and substantial losses. Option trading privileges subject to TD Ameritrade review and approval. Please read Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options.
Spreads and other multiple-leg option strategies can entail substantial transaction costs, including multiple commissions, which may impact any potential return. These are advanced option strategies and often involve greater risk, and more complex risk, than basic options trades.