KEWN Holiday Brunch / Networking Event
Please join us for KEWN’s 13th annual gift wrapping and networking brunch to benefit Community Alternatives Unlimited (CAU)! CAU is a private, non-profit organization that provides services to individuals with a wide range of disabilities, mental health needs and child welfare challenges.
Come to the brunch and help us wrap gifts…there is no charge to attend! We simply ask that you bring gifts(s) (as many as you would like!) for babies and their mothers.
To make things easier for everyone, CAU has provided a list of items that are most needed, and asks that you bring those items for wrapping. (NOTE: Most of these items can be found at Amazon, Walmart, Target, Kohl’s, etc.)
One of the biggest needs CAU is seeing for families with limited resources is a safe sleep space for their infants. Play yards, AKA pack n plays, are always needed. Last year on Black Friday, Target ran a sale online for pack n plays at $25
Other recommendations include:
- Diapers (all sizes up to 35 pounds).
- Baby wipes, diaper cream, diaper bag, diaper bag items, etc.
- Convertible car seats.
- Sleep sacks (wearable blankets).
- Baby board books for parents/siblings to read to baby.
- Baby or toddler toys that can be used when discussing developmental milestones, examples: https://www.sassybaby.com/toy.
- Child proofing / home safety items, examples: https://www.target.com/p/safety-lst-safety-essentials-childproofing-kit=white-46pc/-/A-52339209.
- Healthcare / grooming kit: Safety 1st 25-piece or 17-piece kit from The First Years.
- Small denomination gift cards (Jewel, Walmart, Target, Walgreens, Aldi, etc.)
- Monetary donations to CAU Family Case Management program (purchase diapers, play yards, etc., as needed throughout the year).
CAU specifically requests that you do not bring food.
Friends and children (age appropriate) are welcome! Wrapping paper and supplies will be provided at the event.
Registration is free but we request that you do register in advance.
Driving Instructions (From the City):
Take I-90 (Kennedy) West towards O’Hare
Take Exit 79B toward North Cumberland Avenue
Turn left from ramp onto Higgins Road (IL 72).
Go straight past Cumberland Avenue and through the next light (which is the entrance to the building complex).
Turn left at the driveway immediately following the light and go around the circle to the entrance to the parking garage.
The gate to the garage will be closed, so pull up to the electronic access monitor and ring for the guard and tell him you are attending the KEWN event and he will open the gate.
Park and come into the building complex through the door across from the elevator (guard can direct you to CAU).
Release Statement: By attending this event, you and your guests acknowledge and agree to grant Kellogg Executive Women’s Network the right to record, film, photograph, or capture your likeness in any media now available or hereafter developed and to distribute, broadcast, use, or otherwise globally to disseminate, in perpetuity, such media without any further approval from you or any payment to you.